Monday, November 26, 2007

Switchfoot

I Dare You To Move[Sap Alert!] This is a bit difficult for me to express on a public forum, but I often find myself in a place of apathy and hopelessness, as is common for those of us who deal with depression and bipolar issues. I have found this song to be inspirational and a bit of a "wake-up" call when I feel lost. When my own willpower fails me, often motivation from external sources will come to my rescue. I hope that by sharing this, maybe the sentiments expressed in this particular song will help motivate others who are also struggling with sadness and a pervasive sense of utter futility in life. But life is worth living ~ we have to somehow continue to fight the darkness and find peace in knowing that we are stronger than these things that hold us back. For those that are blessed not to have such issues, this is still an awsome song!!

Dare You To MoveWelcome to the planetWelcome to existenceEveryone's hereEveryone's hereEveryone's watching you nowEverybody waits for you nowWhat happens next?[Chorus:]I dare you to moveI dare you to moveI dare you to lift yourself up off the floorI dare you to moveI dare you to moveLike today never happenedToday never happened beforeWelcome to the falloutWelcome to resistanceThe tension is hereThe tension is hereBetween who you are and who you could beBetween how it is and how it should be[Chorus]Maybe redemption has stories to tellMaybe forgiveness is right where you fellWhere can you run to escape from yourself?Where you gonna go?Where you gonna go?Salvation is here[Chorus]Dare You To MoveWelcome to the planetWelcome to existenceEveryone's hereEveryone's hereEveryone's watching you nowEverybody waits for you nowWhat happens next?[Chorus:]I dare you to moveI dare you to moveI dare you to lift yourself up off the floorI dare you to moveI dare you to moveLike today never happenedToday never happened beforeWelcome to the falloutWelcome to resistanceThe tension is hereThe tension is hereBetween who you are and who you could beBetween how it is and how it should be[Chorus]Maybe redemption has stories to tellMaybe forgiveness is right where you fellWhere can you run to escape from yourself?Where you gonna go?Where you gonna go?Salvation is here[Chorus]